Friday, February 25, 2011

Judgments Hurt


This Sunday in Church, we talked about judgments, where they come from, what they lead to, how they affect people, and how to handle them. After the message, I spent a lot of time thinking about my own judgmental self. I’ve spent a lot of time making these quick surface level judgments in my life.  It is honestly something I struggle with everyday. So my mission for this week and weeks to come is to not look at people for what they are on the outside but, rather, for who they are on the inside. Because, the truth of the matter is, most of the judgments that I make are based on appearance, clothing, money, etc…definite surface level stuff. Most of the time, I notice my judgment’s come from my own insecurities. So, instead of insecurely judging people, I am going to look within myself and fix those insecurities. There is a fine line though in helping people and judging them. Obviously, in my opinion if you believe someone needs help, you have made some sort of judgment. But, if you love them enough, and come from the right loving place I think you can try and help. However, there is only so far you can help someone. If they don’t want your help, you cannot force them to accept the help, you can only guide them to the right place, love on them, and pray for them.

ANYWAYS,
This week has been a very busy one with school, friends, taking care of my house and 30 hours of work. But, my Friday started off wonderfully. This morning, despite the snow, I had an appointment with the LOVELY Pamela at Lou and Co. and she cut and highlighted my hair. I LOVE the color and cannot wait to grow my hair out (not because she cut it too short, but, im ready for longer) Today, I have a short day at work and then I will be coming home, getting some stuff done and likely a friends birthday party. Hope you all had a GREAT week and as always, feel free and welcome to join me at South Junior High in Lawrence this Sunday for my church, Eastlake Community Church.

I just want to close with a quote from the Ke$ha concert, trust me, I know she’s not an incredibly insightful person but, she did say something at the very end that really stuck with me because, it’s how I’ve always tried to live my life.
My New Hair!

“Be yourself, unapologetically, ALWAYS!”

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair, you look great! Pam is the bomb, she did mine today. She's gonna have a monopoly on all the ECC ladies because we'll all be singing her praises. ;)

    ReplyDelete